Saturday July 1, 2017
- The Junior Day is open to players between 8 and 16 years old with a minimum equivalent playing standard of approximately 3rd grade AMEB/ABRSM/Trinity.
- To register for the Junior Day, go to the Registration Page.
- Parents are welcome to sit in on the Junior Day (no fee).
- Juniors wishing to attend the Junior Day and the Main Festival should register (Registration Page) for the Main Festival only (DO NOT register for both the Junior Day and the Main Festival).
- Fill in the online Junior Day Health form at the bottom of this page.
- Juniors under 16 years of age need to be accompanied by an adult if attending the Main Festival. The accompanying adult needs to be registered for the Main Festival (Parent Concession rate - Earlybird $70).
|8.00-9.00 ||Registration |
|9.00-9.30||Warmup and scales: |
The Scale Game (the Ice-Breaker!)
Don’t like scales? We promise you’ll come away loving them after this!
|9.30-10.15||Flute Technique: |
The Serious Stuff!
This class helps work towards achieving a full, rich, resonant tone across all registers, articulation tips & breathing exercises - experimenting with blowing toys, bubbles and balloons!
Learn sight-reading tips and try them out in a fun play-along of well-known tunes from Musicals and Movies
|11.45-12.15||Extended Technique: |
Whizz, Bang, Pop!
A session focusing on extended techniques and beatboxing
Make it Up!
A brief look at improvisation and story telling, and building a composition as a group
|2.00-2.30||Flute demonstration: |
Flutes Weird and Wonderful
Learn about flutes from around the world, flutes of all sizes and some very unique instruments!
We’ll split into small groups and prepare some challenging but fun pieces to perform
|3.00-4.00||Mini Masteclass: |
Play with piano and receive some feedback – a bite-sized informal and friendly Masterclass
|3.00-4.00||Parent session: |
Fife Lessons for All…
Parents Q&A, followed by their very own group fife lesson! Adult participants get to see first hand the challenges of learning the flute. Followed by a performance to their kids! PARENTS DO NOT NEED TO REGISTER FOR THIS - just turn up!
|4.00-4.30||Rehearsal for Junior Concert|